Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Levi is 15 Months Old!

I have been very bad lately about writing. I guess the business of life with tutoring, activities, etc. has gotten to me!

Levi is so fun to be around these days and of course gets into EVERYTHING! He loves to climb up the stairs at lightening speed and thinks it is so funny. It is time to finally get a gate (something that we have put off for some reason). He is still sweet and cuddly but is mostly just super active! A few weeks ago he took his first (unassisted) steps but hasn't begun walking consistently. He prefers to run around pushing his toys or anything else he can manage to push. I have a cleaner on my hands, which is great! He will find our floor mop and push it around like he is mopping the floor. How he knows to do that, I am not sure so most of the cleaning I do is while he is napping!

As far as words go, Levi now says several: "mama", "Dada," "No," "nose," "Mo (roscoe," "more," and "ball." He is really good at imitating sounds so I think he will take off talking a lot.

Surprisingly, Levi is really tall! When I took him to the doctor the other day he was 32.5 inches long (about 80th percentile) and weighed 24.5 pounds (about 60th percentile)! I am thankful that he has not gotten my short genes. My guess is that he will surpass me in height by the time he is 10 or 11. After all, he is already over half my height now!

Lately we have had a hard time with naps. Levi has difficulty missing a morning nap, but if he does take a morning nap he has trouble sleeping in the afternoon and doesn't seem to sleep in as much. He will often fall asleep in the car for a few minutes when we are out. He usually takes a nap from about 12-3 when he doesn't take a morning nap, which I hope we can extend to 1-4 shortly.

As the weather gets warmer we are having a great time being outside taking walks, blowing bubbles or watching Roscoe run around. I feel that I am enjoying motherhood so much more now that Levi is older. The thought of having another child scares me to death and I don't know how people have kids so close together, but when the time is right hopefully I will feel ready!

Jordan is busy at his job with Great Lakes Cold Logistics, and I am busy not only with being a mom and taking Levi to plagroup and music class and doing housework, but I am also tutoring 6 students right now. It is challenging being away so many weeknights around dinnertime, but it is kind of fun to get out of the house and feel like I am challenging myself more then I am just being home. We are also slowly working on house projects, and it is neat to see what our house looked like when we bought it and what it is looking like now. We only wish we had more time and money to work on it more!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would post more often, Sarah! It's so fun to read about all of Levi's milestones, and also what you are doing. The nap thing will even out soon, he's at the transition stage right now so it's frustrating but it won't last. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete